Team Skills & Experience Brief:
- GWB is Listed in AM Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys
- Team members are listed as Best Lawyers in Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 Ranking, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Greenville
- Team members are active in national defense organizations including IADC, FDCC, and DRI.
- David Rheney was selected as Best Lawyers’ 2014 Greenville Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year.”
- Team members include past presidents of the South Carolina Bar and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association.
Tort & Personal Injury Team
The Tort and Personal Injury Team advises and defends insurers, self-insured corporations, and third-party risk managers in matters related to complex litigation involving unique tort liability and risk management issues as well as complex multi-party cases. Insurers often represented by the team include volume auto carriers, specialty carriers, and broad based general liability carriers. The team is staffed with both partners and associates experienced in the investigation, preparation, and trial of all types of claims related to tort law and personal injury defense.
Members of the Tort and Personal Injury Team have attended and served on the faculty of trial academies sponsored by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, the International Association of Defense Counsel and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association. Furthermore, team members have handled numerous matters before state and federal courts as well as appellate courts. This experience has provided team members with unique skills and capabilities in a diverse number of areas:
|Automobiles & Other Vehicles
Slander / Libel
Representative insurance company clients that have been represented by GWB’s Tort and Personal Injury team in the past include, but are not limited to:
Available Client Education and Training CEUs
Torts and Personal Injury Team members regularly provide seminars and written materials to clients on emerging trends in tort law and personal injury defense litigation. The team also tailors presentations to address the specific needs and concerns of their clients upon request.