Jared M. Pretulak is a partner in the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina, office. His colleagues describe him as a passionate attorney who is dedicated to his clients. Jared concentrates his practice on workers’ compensation defense claims on behalf of employers, insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, third-party administrators and claims servicing agencies. This representation includes handling appellate matters before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Full Commission, the South Carolina Circuit Courts and the South Carolina Court of Appeals. Jared is also a certified mediator and enjoys assisting workers’ compensation parties in alternative dispute resolution.
Jared’s experience as a workers’ compensation defense attorney has allowed him to cultivate an array of skills and knowledge that have contributed to the effective representation of clients in the following industries: assisted living, construction, education, food and product manufacturing, government, hotel, restaurant and hospitality, retail, small business, staffing and employment, and transportation.
Jared has also handled a variety of diverse, complex injury claims that include but are not limited to: catastrophic injury, orthopaedic injury, occupational injury, brain trauma, psychological injury, spinal injury and repetitive trauma injury.
Jared is a staunch defender of his clients. He works to resolve all matters professionally for the betterment of those he represents. He aspires to accomplish this goal by maintaining constant communication and being responsive to his clients’ needs.
“One of our goals at Gallivan White Boyd is unparalleled client loyalty and that can only be accomplished through satisfied clients.” – Jared M. Pretulak
University of South Carolina
University of South Carolina School of Law
- South Carolina Bar
Associations & Professional Memberships
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Greenville County Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (SCDTAA)
- South Carolina Bar
- Worker’s Compensation Section
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (SCWCEA), Former Committee Member
- Transactional Dispute Resolution Program at Gray’s Inn, London, England
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (2021-2022)
- Greenville Business Magazine
- Legal Elite: Workers’ Compensation (2017-2021)
- Legal Elite: Insurance (2021)
- Legal Elite: Labor & Employment (2021)
- South Carolina Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification (2013)