Commercial Transportation Attorneys - Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia & Greenville
Gallivan White Boyd has represented motor carriers, brokers and freight forwarders across the Carolinas in matters ranging from commercial contract disputes, Carmack Amendment and Carriage of Goods by Sea Act claims to catastrophic personal injury matters.
We use a team approach to provide high quality service to our clients for a reasonable expense. Our attorneys have more than 170 years of combined experience handling commercial transportation matters. We have developed a reservoir of knowledge in this field and are very familiar with the issues unique to commercial transportation. Our lawyers have extensive experience drafting legal memoranda, briefs, seminar materials, and articles in the commercial transportation litigation field. We also have experience identifying, preparing, and deposing experts on a wide range of topics in this field.
Our legal experience in commercial transportation includes:
- Emergency response and accident investigation
- Catastrophic injuries, brain injuries and wrongful death defense
- Negligent supervision, training and hiring claims defense
- Breach of transportation agreement actions
- Preparing and reviewing transportation documents, including broker/shipper contracts, broker/motor carrier contracts, co-broker agreements, load rate confirmation sheets, bills of lading, releases and other transportation related documents and papers
- Counseling and litigation on demurrage, freight undercharge, overcharge, double charge matters and related litigation
- Owner operator versus employee status
- Broker, freight forwarder and shipper agent and liability issues
- Non-compete and confidentiality agency contract enforcement actions and defenses
- Catastrophic property damage claims
- Hazardous materials transportation and releases
- Intermodal interchange issues
- Mass tort and class actions
- MCS-90 endorsement issues
- Additional insured and indemnification issues
- Spoliation and electronic discovery issues
We not only bring a knowledgeable team with representation of major commercial transportation entities in the Carolinas for many years, but also the leadership skills of bar and defense association presidents and officers. Gallivan White Boyd has an outstanding reputation among the bar and judiciary.
Seminars are available upon request.
Our law offices are located in Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, and Greenville.
For more information or to speak with our commercial transportation attorneys, please contact one of our office locations: