Gallivan White Boyd represents professionals in various litigation and non-litigation matters related to licensure and professional services, protecting against liability incurred as a result of errors or omissions.
With extensive experience defending professional negligence, malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty actions, peer review actions, investigations and disciplinary actions conducted by state regulatory and licensing agencies, our lawyers have served a number of service professionals, including: accountants, appraisers, attorneys, dentists, engineers, architects, insurance agents and brokers, nurses and nurse practitioners, pharmacists, physicians, real estate agents and brokers, claims administrators and property managers. A brief mention of our representative experiences include:
- Successfully enforcing an arbitration agreement for a long-term care facility in a case involving claims for wrongful death and survival.
- Successfully defending a physician in a disciplinary investigation conducted by the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation arising from allegations of abusive and racist behavior in the workplace.
- Successfully assisting an out-of-state engineering firm to efficiently resolve allegations of unauthorized practice with the South Carolina Board of Professional Engineers and Surveyors.
- Successfully resolving a legal malpractice case involving allegations that our client handled the adoption of a young child incorrectly, thus resulting in the child being returned to its birth mother.
- Successfully resolving a legal malpractice matter involving allegations that a law firm failed to perfect a timely appeal of lower court’s ruling on a business dispute.
- Successfully resolving a legal malpractice matter involving claims that certain contracts drafted by our clients violated federal law.
Hire one of our experienced attorneys to provide legal counsel in any of the following areas:
- Defense of a malpractice or fiduciary duty matters.
- Defense of a board investigation or disciplinary action.
- Advise on issues related to applying or renewing professional licenses.
- Assist with applying for certificates of authorization to conduct business in the state.
- Assist insurers regarding coverage issues and serving as the expert witness in malpractice matters.