Gallivan White Boyd has a team of complex litigation attorneys who understand the issues related to environmental matters.
Our experience in environmental matters and familiarity with state and federal environmental laws and regulations allow our attorneys to work with clients to prepare effective defense strategies. A brief mention of our representative experiences includes:
- Served as lead counsel for a major railroad company after a train derailment and toxic chlorine release resulted in more than 9 deaths and over 1000 claims in South Carolina
- Served as lead South Carolina counsel for a chemical manufacturer in connection with the first case to be determined a multi-district litigation (MDL) in the state
- Represented alleged manufacturer accused of ground water contamination along with other local products manufacturers and members of the farming community.
- Defended two corporations against 248 residents of a local village suing for injuries and damages caused by exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) alleging its discharge by a facility owned by the two corporations.
Hire one of our experienced attorneys to provide legal counsel in any of the following areas:
- Surface and groundwater contamination disputes
- Water rights disputes
- Citizen suits under RCRA, CERCLA, and the Clean Air Act
- Contaminated property claims
- Environmentally-related product liability cases
- Federal Clean Water Act
- Natural resource damages (NRD) claims
- Nuisance claims
- South Carolina Pollution Control Act
- South Carolina Safe Drinking Water Act
- State permitting
- Underground storage tanks