TOXIC & MASS TORTS
Gallivan White Boyd attorneys have been on the cutting edge of toxic and mass tort litigation for over three decades, effectively handling high-stakes cases all over the United States.
Our attorneys have the distinct ability to digest large amounts of complex information and communicate that information to a jury. We have served as national trial and coordinating counsel for major U.S. corporations in significant Toxic and Mass Tort litigation. We have also served as regional and statewide counsel frequently in high-visibility cases in which there is the potential for significant verdicts.
Our attorneys have handled cases involving the following representative products:
- Blood Factor
- Breast Implants
- Carbon Monoxide
- Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA)
- Fire Retardant Foam (AFFF)
- Flammable Fabrics
- Heavy Metals
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Knee Prosthesis
- Latex Gloves
- Oral Contraceptives
- Polyurethane Foam
- Toxic Shock Syndrome
Our attorneys have been involved in many significant toxic tort cases in South Carolina, including:
- Served as lead counsel for a Class I railroad in a train derailment litigation involving the exposure of thousands of individuals to a chlorine release
- Served as lead counsel for an international furniture manufacturer in a catastrophic fire matter that involved the death of nine firemen from a roof collapse
- Served as South Carolina counsel in more than 25 MDLs, including the first case multidistricted in South Carolina.