Michelle DeLuca Yarbrough is an experienced litigation partner. Located in Greenville, South Carolina, her practice is geared toward the defense of workers’ compensation matters on behalf of employers, insurance carriers and self-insured corporations. She also defends clients in the transportation, torts and personal injury practice areas.
“I really find fulfillment in identifying the plaintiffs who are misrepresenting facts and overstating injuries involved in their claims,” she explains. “In short, I love finding the truth about my client’s case while helping the employers. Making my clients happy makes me feel good about my job.”
Born and raised in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelle graduated summa cum laude from the University of Alabama in 1995. Michelle then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating in 1998 with recognition for outstanding academic achievement through membership in the Order of the Wig and Robe. Michelle began working at Gallivan White Boyd in the summer of 1997 as a summer associate and returned as an associate in 1998 after graduation to begin her legal career. For over two decades practicing law, Michelle has represented a variety of clients in different industries and resolved countless numbers of cases on their behalf. Some of these industries include commercial transportation, retail, logistics and utilities.
Michelle is widely known by colleagues and clients alike for her attention to detail. She is responsive to client inquiries and works hard to understand the client’s expectations. Michelle then formulates a plan to exceed those expectations. She looks forward to new opportunities to serve her clients’ needs.
Additionally, Michelle is involved in her community and serves on the United Way Women’s Leadership Council’s Advisory Board. Michelle loves helping those less fortunate than herself while balancing family life with her career.
“I am blessed to be able to give back to the community which has been so good to my family and me.”
When she’s not helping her clients, Michelle loves being a mom to her two sons. She enjoys watching them grow into young men and learn new things about their world. She also finds joy in watching her beloved Alabama football with her family.
University of Alabama
B.A., summa cum laude (1995)
University of South Carolina School of Law
J.D., Order of the Wig and Robe (1998)
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
Associations & Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Leadership Greenville, Class 36
- Pi Beta Phi, Greenville Alumnae Club
- Former Treasurer
- Former Club Rush Information Chair
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (SCDTAA)
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (SCWCEA)
- Annual Educational Conference on Workers’ Compensation, Committee Member (2013) (2020)
Honors & Awards
- Greenville Business Magazine
- Legal Elite: Workers’ Compensation Defense (2014) (2020-2021)
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Moot Court Bar
- Phi Alpha Delta
- South Carolina Law Review, Associate Editor-in-Chief
- United Way of Greenville County
- Campaign Cabinet (2010-2014)
- Area Vice Chair (2012-2014)
- Palmetto Society Board (2010-2012)
- Women Attorney’s Committee, Former Member
- Women’s Leadership Council (2006 – Present)
- Chair (2011)
- Vice Chair (2010)