Matthew B. Covington is a workers’ compensation attorney practicing in the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office. Matt has extensive experience in handling all aspects of workers’ compensation case processes, including discovery, investigations, interviews, mediation, hearings, depositions, and appeals. He has notable litigation experience in matters of psychological trauma, occupational diseases, repetitive motion cervical conditions, Lyme Disease, intoxication, accidents resulting in paraplegic conditions, death claims, N.C. G. S. 97-2(18) disputed hernias and injury by accident claims.
Matt offers a client-oriented practice which involves the understanding of expectations and identifying the most important goals. Matt’s practice seeks to utilize technology and tools to provide an efficient model of practice to his clients.
Matt and his wife, Susan, are avid travelers who have set foot on four continents and over 30 countries. He is an avid UNC football and basketball fan, a die-hard Panthers supporter, and a techie.
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
B.A., Political Science (2003)
Elon University School of Law
Associations & Professional Memberships
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
- North Carolina association of Defense Attorneys (NCADA), Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Workers’ Compensation Section, Member
- Workers’ Compensation Defense Institute (WCDI), Member
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch
- Workers’ Compensation – Employers (2021-2024)
- Carmel Presbyterian Church
- Deacon and Elder, former
- Youth Leader
- Room in the Inn, Volunteer
News & Articles
- 60 Technology Tips in 60 Minutes to Increase Efficiency and Productivity in Legal Practice, Lawyers Mutual CLE Presentation, February 8, 2012
- Legislators move swiftly to override workers’ comp ruling, North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, July 27, 2017