T.J. Twehues is a workers’ compensation defense attorney in the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina, office. He defends employers, insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, third party administrators, and claims servicing agencies in workers’ compensation matters. He handles all stages of job-related injury claims including:
- initial investigations
- advice regarding compensability
- risk/benefit analysis
- cost assessment and containment
- medical provider management
Additionally, T.J. represents clients in all stages of the litigation process, from initial evaluation through litigation, mediation, and appeal. He also represents a variety of clients in different industries with a particular focus on the healthcare industry. T.J. served as a legal affairs intern at the Greenville Health System, the largest healthcare system in South Carolina.
Prior to joining the firm, T.J. was a staff attorney for the South Carolina Court of Appeals in Columbia. While serving the court, T.J. regularly prepared bench memoranda evaluating arguments raised on appeal, provided recommendations, and proposed opinions on a variety of legal issues to the judiciary. He also analyzed, presented, and provided recommendations to the judges on filed motions.
During his time at Clemson, T.J. interned with the Pebble Beach Company as a Professional Golf Management intern. After graduation, he worked as the First Assistant Golf Professional at Craft Farms in Gulf Shores, Alabama and as an Assistant Golf Professional at the Reserve at Lake Keowee before attending law school at the University of South Carolina.
T.J. always strives to provide the highest level of client service. He works with clients to ensure the smallest detail is accounted for as well as provide timely communications to clients on the status of their matters. The combination of these two services allows T.J. to often exceed the expectations of his clients.
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Professional Golfers’ Association, Class A Member
Honors and Awards
- Legal Elite, Greenville Business Magazine – August 2018
- Star of the Quarter Award, South Carolina Bar – Young Lawyers Division
- CALI Award in Workers’ Compensation
- Irving Steinberg Memorial Award, 2015
- PGA Membership granted February 2011
- South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division Co-Chair
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- South Carolina, 2015
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2015
- B.S., Parks Recreation and Tourism Management, magna cum laude, Clemson University, 2010
You must not only aim right, but draw your bow with all your might.
Testimonial - Person
Henry David Thoreau