COVID-19 Action Plan
April 17, 2020
To Our Valued Clients & Business Partners:
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has created questions and concerns for our colleagues and business partners around the world. We are writing today to assure you that Gallivan White Boyd (GWB) is committed to providing our clients with uninterrupted, high-quality legal service in a safe environment. In response to the evolving pandemic:
- We established a COVID-19 Response Team, which includes the firm’s Executive Committee, the partners-in-charge of each GWB office, and senior leadership from the firm’s administrative departments (Operations, Finance, HR and IT).
- We continue to monitor the latest information and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization, as well as federal, state and local authorities.
- We circulated guidance on workplace and personal hygiene and implemented social distancing.
- We are limiting nonessential business travel.
- We developed a detailed business continuity plan, allowing our attorneys and key personnel to transition seamlessly to a remote work environment should the need arise.
- We invested in state-of-the art technology that allows attorneys and staff to maintain secure, real-time access to email, telephone calls, voicemail and electronic case files, even in a remote work environment. We implemented policies and procedures for performing conflicts checks remotely and receiving assignments from both existing and new clients.
- We implemented procedures for all other firm functions, including receiving mail and responding to billing inquiries. We invested in and tested our IT infrastructure to confirm the security of firm data and communications in the event of a transition to remote working.
As of today, all of our offices remain open. Should that change, GWB is well-positioned to operate remotely, without interruption, so that we may continue to protect the interests of our clients.
If you have any questions regarding our plans for the COVID-19 pandemic, please do not hesitate to let us know. Also, if an emergency arises and you are unable to reach the attorney in charge of your matter, please feel free to contact any of the following firm leaders:
- C. William McGee, Chief Executive Officer Greenville | 864-271-5357
- T. David Rheney, Managing Partner Greenville | 864-241-7001
- Christopher M. Kelly, Partner-in-Charge Charlotte | 704-227-1940
- Gray T. Culbreath, Partner-in-Charge Columbia | 803-724-1850
- A. Grayson Smith, Partner-in-Charge Charleston | 843-414-8110
- Brian K. Cline, Chief Administrative Officer Greenville | 864-271-5396
Thank you for your continued trust in GWB. We are grateful for your confidence in the firm and are committed to providing you with high-quality, uninterrupted legal service in the days ahead.
John “Jay” Jones Selected as North Carolina & South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Power Player Personal Injury Attorney
Charleston, S.C. – February 23, 2024
Gallivan White Boyd Welcomes Attorney Charles S. Verdin IV
Greenville, S.C. – February 15, 2024
Gallivan White Boyd Honored with Eleven First-Tier Ranking in Best Lawyers 2024 Best Law Firms
Greenville, S.C. – November 2, 2023
The Standard Liability Waiver: Paper Tiger or King of the Litigation Jungle?
Michael Rabb and Destini Anderson Pratt | The DefenseLine Magazine a SCDTAA Publication