Zachary L. Weaver is a business and commercial litigation partner in the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex issues before and during litigation, providing guidance on resolving disputes and trying them to a jury when appropriate. Some of Zach’s most notable cases include:
- Bet-the-company breach of contract matters.
- Complex breach of warranty and related UCC claims.
- High value non compete and non solicitation clause matters.
- Claims involving allegations of contractual bad faith claims-handling by insurance companies.
- Confidential pre-suit negotiations on high profile matters.
- Claims of trade secret theft to start new businesses.
- Probate litigation involving million dollar estates.
- Corporate breakups.
- Collection and enforcement of judgments against entities and individuals.
- Contested bankruptcy matters involving creditor disputes.
Zach has substantial experience in and out of the courtroom. He has handled cases at all stages, including pre-suit investigations and negotiations, trial, mediation, arbitration, post-judgment issues and appeals. Zach has defeated and obtained injunctions on behalf of clients and has successfully negotiated consent injunctions against other parties. He has successfully represented clients with motions to dismiss and for summary judgment, tried multiple cases to verdict and argued before the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Zach is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell and often recognized by his peers as Legal Elite of the Upstate. Super Lawyers, a Thomas Reuters publication, has recognized him as a Rising Star in South Carolina.
In addition to practicing law, Zach is heavily involved in the Greenville community and the South Carolina Bar. He is a graduate of Leadership Greenville, a board member for the Greenville Bar Pro Bono Council, a former member of the SC Bar Judicial Qualification Committee and the chair for the SC Bar’s Trial and Appellate Advocacy Council.
University of Miami School of Law
- The Florida Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Associations & Professional Memberships
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Foundation, Board Member
- South Carolina Bar
- Judicial Qualifications Committee, Member
- Trial and Appellate Advocacy Section
- Chair (2020 – 2021)
- Vice-Chair (2018 – 2019)
- Secretary (2017 – 2018)
- Council Member (2016 – 2017)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America- Commercial Litigation (2022 – 2023)
- Greenville Business Magazine
- Legal Elite: Business Litigation (2016 – 2021)
- Legal Elite: Labor & Employment (2020 – 2021)
- Legal Elite: IP (2021)
- Best & Brightest Under 35 (2016)
- International Association of Defense Council (IADC), Trial Academy (2016)
- Leadership Greenville, Class 42
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Rating, AV-rated Preeminent
- Moot Court Board
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Business Litigation (2021-2022)
- Rising Star for Business Litigation (2016 – 2019)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (SCDTAA), Trial Academy (2015)
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Go To Lawyer – Business Law (2021)
- University of Miami Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court, Board Member
- University of Miami Law Review
- Publication Review Panel Member
- Opportunity Greenville (2014)
- Pleasant Valley Connection, Former Board of Directors
- United Way of Greenville County
- Palmetto Society
- Young Philanthropists
- Westminster Presbyterian Church