Luke G. Thomas is a litigation associate practicing in the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office. Luke is licensed in both North and South Carolina. His practice consists of complex civil litigation matters, including a variety of business- and corporate related litigation, commercial real estate litigation, and bankruptcy-related matters.
Luke received his undergraduate degrees in Accounting and Spanish from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC). While at UNCC, Luke spent a semester abroad studying Spanish language in Santander, Spain. Luke earned his juris doctor with high honors from the University of North Carolina (UNC) School of Law. While at UNC, Luke served as the Institute Editor for the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal and was a member of the Holderness Moot Court National Appellate Advocacy Team.
Prior to entering private practice, Luke was an accountant with Hendrick Motorsports and interned with the Hon. Richard L. Voorhees of the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. Luke is currently a member of the Mecklenburg County Bar Linking Lawyers Committee, the North Carolina Bar Association Membership Committee, and The Chief Justice William H. Bobbitt American Inn of Court.
Luke appreciates the importance of effective, dedicated representation and aims to exceed client expectations in every matter.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
B.S, Accounting, cum laude, B.A. Spanish, cum laude (2015)
University of North Carolina School of Law
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
Associations & Professional Memberships
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Linking Lawyers Committee (2020 – 2021)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Membership Committee, Member (2021)
- Young Lawyer’s Division, Member (2019-2021)
- The Chief Justice William H. Bobbitt American Inn of Court, Member (2021)
- South Carolina Bar
- Young Lawyer’s Division, Member (2020-2021)
Honors & Awards
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate of Merit, Income Taxation
News & Articles
- The Case for a Federal Regulatory Sandbox for Fintech Companies, 22 N.C. Banking Inst. 257 (2018)