Kathryn “Kat” Cox is a litigation attorney practicing in the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office. Her practice includes all aspects of civil litigation at both the state and federal level. Kathryn has previously handled matters dealing with employment discrimination and whistleblower cases and is currently handling commercial transportation matters including railroad, motor carrier, and catastrophic personal injury matters.
Kathryn received her undergraduate degree from Clemson University and earned her juris doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Prior to entering private practice Kathryn gained legal experience through summer internships in law firms specializing in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, medical malpractice, insurance defense, and general civil litigation matters.
Kathryn appreciates the importance of effective, dedicated representation and aims to exceed client expectations in every matter.
In Kat’s free time, she enjoys baking and cheering on the Clemson Tigers!
University of South Carolina School of Law
Associations & Professional Memberships
- Mecklenburg County Bar – Young Lawyers Division
Honors & Awards
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- Articles Editor, ABA Real Property Trust and Estate Law Journal, 2020-2021
- Health Law Society, Events and Marketing Vice President, 2020-2021
- CALI Award for SC Workers Compensation, 2020
- Student Bar Association, Peer Mentor, 2019
- Professional Organization of Women Working on Winning, Member