A. Grayson Smith is the partner in charge of the Charleston, South Carolina, office. His practice involves complex litigation related to personal injury, wrongful death, retail and hospitality, commercial transportation, construction and insurance coverage. For more than 15 years, he has tried to conclusion a variety of cases.
Grayson’s diverse law practice begins with complex personal injury and wrongful death defense. He is regularly retained by businesses and individuals in complex litigation involving tort liability and risk management issues. He represents local, regional and national leaders in the retail, hospitality and entertainment industries. This litigation involves premises liability, loss prevention, food adulteration, third-party torts, negligent security and alcohol liability.
Additionally, Grayson represents major commercial transportation companies in South Carolina. He advises clients in all phases of accident investigations from risk management and preparation to initial scene response and post-accident litigation. He and his team are available 24/7 to respond to catastrophic losses and handle accident investigations.
Grayson also represents general contractors, subcontractors, product manufacturers, and individuals in all facets of construction related disputes.
Grayson recognizes client satisfaction is directly related to the responsiveness and personality of the attorney. He is sensitive to the needs of his clients and works tirelessly to ensure they are educated and informed.
University of South Carolina School of Law
- South Carolina Bar
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
Associations & Professional Memberships
- Charleston County Bar Association, Executive Committee (2019 – Present)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- James L. Petigru Inn of Court
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Protecting our Youth through Legal Education Committee, Guest Lecturer
- iCivics Committee, Guest Lecturer
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association (SCDTAA)
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hotlist (2016, 2018, 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2021-2022)
- Charleston Business Magazine, Legal Elite of the Lowcountry: Insurance Law (2018 – 2019)
- Columbia Business Monthly, Legal Elite: Insurance (2013)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2016, 2017)
- The Charleston Forum, Board Member (2016 – Present)
- Leadership Charleston, Class of 2019
- Richland County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair (2013-2016)
- Slow Food Columbia, Board of Directors (2013-2016)
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors (2008-2012)