Team Skills & Experience Brief:
- The team is a unique blend of transactional attorneys and litigation attorneys offering the firm’s clients the most complete and diverse representation possible.
- Team member Duffie Powers is a Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights and has been recognized by Greenville Business Magazine as Legal Elite for Bankruptcy & Creditors Rights.
- The team and attorney Duffie Powers recently assisted a Fortune 500 corporate client in the collection of a multi-million dollar construction account.
Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Team
The Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Team is a unique blend of transactional attorneys and litigation attorneys offering the firm’s clients the most complete and diverse representation possible. The team represents financial institutions in numerous litigation matters including lender liability actions. Additionally, the team devotes its time to representing lenders, financial institutions, and businesses as creditors in bankruptcy actions. The team handles a myriad of matters for clients, but regularly handles the following:
- Banking Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial Collections
- Commercial Foreclosure
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Workouts
- Problem Asset Workouts
The team is also well versed in and advises clients on an array of issues related to:
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Secured Transactions
- South Carolina Consumer Protection Code
- South Carolina Unfair Trade Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
Furthermore, the team performs collections services on behalf of commercial banks, servicers, receivers, and investors related to commercial real estate workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and receiverships. The team is experienced in numerous property types including residential, multi-family, retail, commercial, and industrial. Actions that are often performed by attorneys at GWB on behalf of its clients include:
- Commercial Debt Collection
- Real Estate Property Foreclosures
- Defense of Lenders in Claim Actions
- Loan documentation for complex real estate and operating loans.
- Creditor representation in commercial bankruptcy cases.
- Documentation for complex workout and debt restructuring.
Available Client Education and Training CEUs
Banking, Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Team members regularly provide seminars and written materials to clients on emerging trends in their practice areas. The team also tailors presentations to address the specific needs and concerns of their clients upon request