Partner Breon C. M. Walker Elected to the Board of Directors for the 701 Center for Contemporary Arts
GWB is pleased to announce Breon C. M. Walker has been elected to the Board of Directors for the 701 Center for Contemporary Art (701 CCA). 701 CCA is a visual art center that promotes understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of contemporary art, the creative process, and the role of art and artists in the community. The center also encourages interaction between visual arts and other art forms. 701 CCA offers:
- Regional, National or International Exhibitions
- An artist-in-residence program where artists can fully concentrate on creating art during six, ten or twelve-week residencies.
- The 701 CCA Plus program for performing, literary and media arts.
- Educational programs for adults and children.
Walker joined Gallivan, White & Boyd in 2011. She is a member of the firm’s Business and Commercial Practice Group and Insurance Practice Group in the firm’s Columbia, South Carolina, office. Walker’s practice focuses on motor vehicle liability, premises liability, product liability and commercial litigation, with extensive experience trying cases to verdict. Walker’s dedication to her practice has led to recognitions by:
- Nation’s Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40 by the National Bar Association (2013)
- Super Lawyers – “Rising Star” (2012-2014)
- South Carolina’s Top Ten Emerging Legal Leaders by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly (2011)
Walker is very active in the legal and civic communities both locally and nationally. She serves on the Board of Directors of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association. Walker also serves on the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce’s Diversity Council, is a 2011 graduate of Leadership Columbia, and is a member of the Columbia (SC) Chapter of The Links, Inc., where she serves as the Chapter Reporter.