As a litigator handling complex cases, a certified mediator, a former county magistrate, and former chief municipal judge, Greg Sloan has seen just about everything a lawyer might encounter. But one case stands out, according to Sloan: the time he helped an elderly woman recover her dog from animal control and received a blueberry pie as payment. It is, he says, his proudest accomplishment as a lawyer.
The Charlotte, North Carolina native earned his political science and law degrees at the University of South Carolina.
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1996
- B.A., University of South Carolina, 1987
- Children's Hospital Advisory Council
- Sara Olvera, Abner Johnson, Lillian D. Witt, Marion Williams and Phillis Williams, Individually and as Representatives of a proposed class of others similarly situated v. Norfolk Southern Railway Company
Articles, Publications & Presentations
Greg is an active speaker and frequently presents at legal and industry conferences and seminars including the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and the Transportation Lawyers Association. In addition, Greg is a guest lecturer at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Defense Research Institute (Class Action Special Litigation Group)
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Program Committee
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Greenville County Bar Association