Scope of Legal Experience
Frances Zacher is a litigation
attorney in the firmís Greenville, South Carolina, office.
Frances is experienced in defending
manufacturers and distributors of various products in property loss cases and
cases involving catastrophic personal injuries.
She works with her clients to understand their products and
businesses. Her research and writing on
behalf of Abnormal Use, GWBís
products liability blog, gives Frances a unique perspective on product
liability that stretches far beyond the borders of South Carolina.
Frances is also adept at advising
clients on insurance coverage matters in the context of construction defect
claims, trucking accidents, and commercial losses. She has handled declaratory judgment actions
at both the trial and appellate court level.
Additionally, Frances has extensive
experience representing non-profits on issues of premises liability, training,
and crisis management, including successful resolution of high profile,
pre-suit matters. Her focus is not only
on helping her clients resolve matters through traditional litigation, but
Frances also takes time to review policies and procedures to better position
her clients for the future.
Frances is a native of New York. She grew up
near Manhattan in a small community that offered the benefits of major-city
access and a close-knit community. This close-knit
community provided Frances with values that have translated into exceptional
client service. Francesí dedication to the needs of her clients and her
trustworthiness are examples of those values.
- South Carolina, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2005
- B.A., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University, 2001
Publications & Presentations
Professional Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association, 2006-2012
- South Carolina Women Lawyers' Association
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who: American Law Students
- Justice, Phi Alpha Delta
- Notes and Comments Editor, Emory International Law Review
- Friends of the Greenville Zoo
- Junior League of Greenville
- Washington & Lee University Alumni Association
- Greenville Literacy Association, 2008-2009
- Downtown Symphony Club, 2005-2007