Zach Weaver is a business and commercial litigation attorney practicing in GWB’s Greenville, South Carolina, office. Zach regularly represents clients in complex litigation concerning business and commercial disputes, employment law, and healthcare litigation. He has been selected as a Rising Star in South Carolina for his work in business litigation.
Additionally, a primary focus of Zach’s legal practice is serving as outside corporate counsel for businesses and corporations. In this capacity, Zach serves his clients by quarterbacking the day-to-day legal issues that arise for numerous local, national, and international businesses.
Zach regularly counsels clients on claims involving:
- Breach of Contract
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Clauses
- Trade Secrets
- Business Torts
- Trademark Disputes
- ADA and Discrimination Claims
- Probate Litigation – including disputes regarding distribution of estates
Zach has significant experience in and out of the courtroom. He has handled cases at all stages, including pre-suit investigations, pretrial matters, mediation, arbitration, trial, post-judgment issues, and appeals. Zach has significant experience with injunctions, having both defeated and obtained injunctions on behalf of clients and successfully negotiated consent injunctions against other parties. Zach has also successfully represented clients at the motion to dismiss and summary judgment stages.
Although Zach has represented a number of different clients, he often represents clients in the following industries:
Zach was raised in Greenville and returned to the area after spending time practicing in Miami and West Palm Beach, Florida for an AmLaw 200 firm and a boutique litigation firm. While there, he counseled Fortune 500 companies, large manufacturers, local corporations, and individuals.
Zach is devoted to meeting the expectations of clients for the services provided by GWB. Zach works to earn the confidence of his clients through regular communication, quick response to client inquiries, and attention to detail. He understands the need clients have to stay abreast of details in a matter. A delayed decision or development in a case reported to the client could negatively impact the client’s organization. Timely communication is a top priority in the client service Zach provides.
Articles, Presentations & Publications
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Trial and Appellate Advocacy Section, Council Member
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Best & Brightest Under 35, Greenville Business Magazine, 2016
- Legal Elite – Business Litigation, Greenville Business Magazine, 2016
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star for Business Litigation, 2016
- Leadership Greenville, Class 42
- University of Miami Law Review, Editorial Board and Publication Review Panel Member
- Moot Court Board
- CALI Book Award for Political Influence and the Judiciary
- Order of Omega
- Golden Key Honor Society
- United Way, Palmetto Society
- Opportunity Greenville, 2014
- Pleasant Valley Connection, Board of Directors
- United Way of Greenville County, Young Philanthropists
- Peer Health Education Counselor
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Volunteer speaker at elementary and middle schools on the practice of law.
- South Carolina, 2013
- United States District Court of South Carolina
- Florida, 2009
- Southern District of Florida, 2009
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2009
- B.A., summa cum laude, Clemson University, 2006
- SCDTAA Trial Academy, 2015
- IADC Trial Academy, 2016
Testimonial - Person
Aggressive fighting for the right is the noblest sport the world affords.