William P. A. Buyck, III, is a litigation defense attorney in the firm’s Columbia, South Carolina office. His practice includes all aspects of civil litigation, including medical malpractice defense, products liability, premises liability, insurance law, commercial litigation, and general negligence.
William is a May 2016 graduate of the Charleston School of Law. While attending law school, William served as Associate Editor in Chief, Vol X, Charleston Law Review. In addition, he served as President of the Healthcare Law Society and as an SBA Senator; was a member of the Executive Leadership Council, the Moot Court Board, and student member of The James L. Petigru American Inn of Court; and was an MUSC Dr. Raymond S. Greenberg Presidential Scholar.
William brings additional experience from his most recent clerkship to the Honorable H. Bruce Williams with the South Carolina Court of Appeals. During his service as clerk, William managed cases from initial review of appellate briefs and records through the drafting of final opinions. He assisted with cases originating from various South Carolina courts, including; circuit court, family court, probate court, the Workers’ Compensation Commission, and the Administrative Law Court.
- J.D., Charleston School of Law, 2016
- Certificate of Graduate Study-Biomedical Studies; University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 2010
- B.S. – Biology; University of South Carolina; 2007
- South Carolina Bar 2016
- South Carolina Young Lawyers Division – Make-A-Wish Committee
- South Carolina Young Lawyers Division – Special Olympics Committee
- Ronald McDonald House (Summer 2014)
- Camp Bob at Kanuga (Summer 2012, 2013)
- Orangeburg Free Medical Clinic (Winter 2012)