Mikell Wyman is a partner in the firm’s Charleston, South Carolina, office. He centers his practice on defending the interests of employers, insurance companies, self-insured corporations, third-party administrators, and claims servicing agencies. Mikell has represented clients at all stages of the litigation process, from initial evaluation to mediation through appeal. Additionally, Mikell practices alternative dispute resolution and has been certified as a mediator by the South Carolina Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification.
Mikell has handled numerous workers’ compensation injury claims including brain injuries, orthopaedic injuries, repetitive trauma, and catastrophic claims with vast experience in the defense of pulmonary injury/inhalation claims. Throughout his legal career Mikell has represented an array of clients in various industries; however, he often represents the following:
- Architecture and Engineering
- Hotels & Resorts
- Restaurants & Clubs
- Transportation & Trucking
Mikell and the Workers’ Compensation Defense Team also provide in-house presentations and seminars for clients. These seminars often deal with recent and developing trends in workers’ compensation law and can be easily tailored to address the specific needs and concerns of the client.
Client service is of the utmost importance in Mikell’s practice. He consistently focuses on putting the client first and provides regular updates as well as timely responses to client inquiries. Mikell’s dedication to the client and detail oriented practice results in extremely satisfied clients.
Honors and Awards
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association, Annual Educational Conference Planning Committee
- South Carolina Self-Insurers Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Kids Chance of South Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- S.C. Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification, approved Circuit Court Mediator
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Editor, South Carolina Environmental Law Journal
- The Citadel, B.S. Political Science