Matthew Gerber is a workers’ compensation defense attorney practicing from GWB’s Charlotte, North Carolina, office. He defends employers, insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, third party administrators, and claims servicing agencies in the defense of workers’ compensation and job-related injury claims. Matthew received two undergraduate degrees, cum laude, from Appalachian State University and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law.
Matthew’s experience, training, and skill in research and negotiation allow him to handle all stages of job-related injury claims from the initial investigations to advice regarding compensability and risk-benefit analysis. Additionally, Matthew is experienced in all stages of the litigation process, from initial evaluation through litigation, mediation, and appeal.
A steadfast dedication to providing top-shelf client service is a daily goal for Matthew. He uses his legal abilities combined with his excellent communication skills to keep clients informed at every stage of the litigation process.
Associations & Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Holderness Moot Court, National Negotiations Team
- Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award, Best Appellant in Section
- North Carolina, 2016
- J.D, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2016
- B.A., Psychology, cum laude, Appalachian State University, 2011
- B.S., Criminal Justice, cum laude, Appalachian State University, 2011