Kyle White is a litigation attorney in the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina, office. He focuses his practice on product liability matters. Kyle defends manufacturers, sellers, distributors, and other members of the product distribution chain in cases involving allegations of a product defect. Kyle has tried product liability cases to verdict in state and federal court, and has handled litigation matters in a variety of United States and foreign jurisdictions. Focusing on the product liability area has allowed Kyle to stay informed as to local and national product liability-specific litigation trends and developments. He has written on many of these topics, such as the popular “Reptile” litigation strategy employed by many Plaintiffs’ attorneys, in various legal publications and on the firm’s award-winning blog.
Although Kyle has represented a broad array of clients in litigated matters, he most often represents the following:
- Product manufacturers accused of manufacturing defective products;
- Brick and mortar retailers accused of selling defective products;
- Internet retailers accused of selling defective products;
- Recreational vehicle manufacturers accused of manufacturing defective vehicles;
- Businesses in the food service industry accused of selling adulterated food;
- Wireless providers accused of failing to block wireless signals to prisons;
- Chemical manufacturers accused of selling carcinogenic chemicals or contaminated chemicals; and
- Businesses and individuals in the cosmetology industry accused of selling defective cosmetic products or injuring clients during a service.
Kyle also files lawsuits on behalf of businesses and insurance companies when they suffer damages due to the fault of another business or third party.
Kyle takes pride in helping clients understand the potential risk involved with a particular case, and helping clients understand the litigation process. He also understands that it is important to help clients define and achieve their desired litigation objective.
Kyle enjoys trying a trial to a verdict whenever the circumstances warrant, but he also understands that litigation decisions often have broader business implications, and that litigation plans need to reasonably fit with the client’s potential exposure and to fit with the client’s business objectives. Sometimes, that involves trying a case to verdict, but sometimes that involves reaching resolution prior to trial.
Kyle also takes pride in being responsive to clients and answering clients’ questions promptly. In most cases, he will respond to a question or request for information within the hour, but Kyle’s goal is to respond to all voicemail or email messages within 24 hours, absent exigent circumstances.
Kyle’s resourcefulness and tenacity are derived in part from his experiences living abroad and his experiences as a high school and college wrestler. Wrestling taught Kyle the values of hard work, sacrifice, and personal accountability. Kyle learned to speak Spanish out of necessity when living abroad, which is a skill that he has used extensively while handling matters outside of the United States. In his spare time, Kyle enjoys coaching youth sports, spending time with his wife and daughter, and attempting to play golf. Kyle is also an avid Clemson football fan and a member of Central Presbyterian Church in Anderson, SC.
Articles, Presentations & Publications
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney’ Association (SCDTAA)
- South Carolina Lodging and Restaurant Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- The Mississippi Bar
Honors and Awards
- Moot Court Board
- Order of the Barristers National Honor Society
- Mississippi College Merit Scholarship
- Licensed Single Engine Aircraft Pilot (inactive)
- Pro Bono Cases
- Mississippi State Courts, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2010
- Alabama, 2011
- South Carolina, 2013
- US District Court, District of South Carolina, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2014
- SCDTAA Trial Academy
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law, 2010
- B.S., Clemson University, 2006
- Universidad de Granada in Granada, Spain, 2005 (Study Abroad Program)
- Universitat d’Alacant in Alicante, Spain, Spring 2006 (Study Abroad Program)
Testimonial - Person
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.