Gallivan, White and Boyd partner, John A. “Jay” Jones, practices out of the firm’s Charleston, South Carolina, office. Jay has been defending corporations, businesses, and individuals for over 10 years in matters related to complex business litigation, commercial transactions, construction, products liability and professional liability. Additionally, Jay practices alternative dispute resolution and mediates in South Carolina Circuit Court.
Jay focuses a significant portion of his practice on representing businesses and corporations in complex commercial litigation matters. He frequently defends clients in matters concerning:
- Business Torts
Jay is an accomplished products liability attorney who defends mass tort and catastrophic loss claims related to defects arising from the manufacture, distribution, design, and sale of products. He also regularly represents contractors, design professionals, homebuilders, and suppliers in claims related to construction defects, environmental issues, and contract disputes.
Jay believes civil litigation should be just that: civil. His demeanor and sense of humor are appreciated by both opposing counsel and juries, making him an effective advocate for his clients.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- South Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2005
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- American Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel