Jared Simms is a partner in GWB’s Charlotte, North Carolina, office. He centers his practice on the defense of workers’ compensation matters on behalf of employers, insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, third party administrators, and claims servicing agencies. Jared has presented matters for clients before the North Carolina Industrial Commission and the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Jared’s substantial workers’ compensation experience has allowed him to lead the firm’s North Carolina workers’ compensation practice. Additionally, he has represented clients in a myriad of different industries including but not limited to the following:
- Temporary Staffing Agencies
Jared’s diverse knowledge of workers’ compensation law has also allowed him to represent different types of injury claims which include:
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Death Claims
- Occupational Diseases
- Workplace Accidents
Jared routinely provides in-house presentations and seminars for both insurance and corporate clients. These seminars often deal with recent and developing trends in workers’ compensation law and legislation, and are often tailored to address the specific needs and concerns of the client in question, with particular emphasis on ways to avoid, minimize, or manage on-the-job injuries and related litigation.
Jared brings a disciplined and tenacious approach to his handling of cases and service to clients. His disciplined approach includes being responsive to client inquiries and always conducting himself with the highest degree of professionalism. Jared believes these two factors in combination with extraordinary legal skills will achieve the best result possible for his clients.
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federalist Society, Member, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2003-2006
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The Boy Scouts of America – Charter Organization Representative
- Pine Lake Tennis Team – Member
- Mint Hill Athletic Association – Soccer and Tee-Ball Coach
- North Carolina, 2006
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2006
- Vice President of the Federalist Society
- Mock Trial Team
- Community Development Clinic
- B.A., summa cum laude, Queens University of Charlotte, 2003
Testimonial - Person
Elder Richard G. Scott
To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things you have never before done.