Janice Holmes is a litigation attorney who practices out of the firm’s Columbia office. Currently, she concentrates her practice on insurance coverage issues, business and commercial litigation, and toxic and mass torts.
Janice regularly advises clients on insurance coverage issues. Specifically, she has advised clients on the existence and scope of coverage for a variety of claims including:
Commercial First-Party Policies
Professional Liability Policies
Insurance Litigation – Declaratory Judgement
Insurance Litigation – Bad Faith Claims
Janice’s business and commercial practice experience encompasses a wide range of topics. Most recently she resolved a matter worth in excess of $1 million on behalf of a commercial client. The matter involved claims for breach of contract and breach of express and implied warranties, which included noncompliance with federal regulatory labeling requirement.
Janice also has extensive experience in the toxic and mass torts practice area. She has served as national coordinating counsel for a Fortune 100 company in managing cases involving alleged asbestos exposures in over 30 states. As coordinating, counsel Janice’s responsibilities included preparing corporate witnesses, developing training programs for local counsel, and working with local counsel to coordinate depositions and trial strategy.
Janice is a forward thinking attorney that places as much emphasis on serving her clients as she does refining her legal skills. Janice believes that understanding the nature of the client’s business and industry is imperative to providing the highest level of client satisfaction. Janice states, “Paying attention to the intrinsic details provided by my clients about their organizations allows me to customize a client service plan that will be the most effective way to serve them.”
Past results and testimonials from clients are not to be taken as a representation that the same or similar results can be obtained by the firm in the future.
Articles, Presentations & Publications
Associations & Memberships
- Nebraska Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Bar Diversity Committee
- South Carolina Bar CLE Publications Committee
- South Carolina, 2006
- North Carolina, 2015
- Nebraska, 2007
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (2007)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2012)
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina (2012)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2013)
- United States District Court for the Western District of NC (2015)
- Middle District of NC (2015)
- Eastern District of NC (2016)
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., cum laude, Clemson University, 2003
Testimonial - Person
First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.