James is a lawyer who is at his best when he is on his feet in a courtroom or sitting across the table questioning an individual at a deposition. A vast majority of his practice in Columbia, South Carolina, has been devoted to personal injury claims involving injuries from soft tissue all the way to catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injuries. James has successfully tried multiple personal injury cases to verdict and handled countless party and expert depositions as well as mediations giving him invaluable experience in the civil litigation arena.
In addition to personal injury cases, James has also overseen matters involving construction defects, fire losses, and business disputes in the business and commercial practice area. He is known as a trustworthy and skilled attorney by colleagues and clients alike.
James understands that achieving a high level of client satisfaction is directly related to the trustworthiness and accountability of the attorney. A small-town upbringing taught Brogdon “people skills” which he uses to communicate effectively and build trust with clients, colleagues, judges and jury members. Brogdon states, “Knowing the law will only get you so far. At some point you have to be able to articulate the law and facts of the case to your client, the court and lastly, the jury.”
Articles, Presentations & Publications
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
Honors and Awards
- Star of the Quarter, South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 4th Quarter, 2014-2015
- Legal Elite – Personal Injury Defense, Columbia Business Monthly, 2014
- Legal Elite – Personal Injury Defense, Columbia Business Monthly, 2013
- President’s Award, South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 2013
- Star of the Quarter, South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 2013-2014
- Protecting Our Youth Through Legal Education Committee of the South Carolina Bar – Co-Chair
- 2014 American Heart Association Midlands Heart Ball, Executive Leadership Team
- South Carolina, 2010
- United States District Court of South Carolina
- J.D., cum laude, University of South Carolina School Of Law, 2010
- B.A., Clemson University, 2007
Testimonial - Person
James E. Brogdon, Sr.
Doubt whom you will, but never yourself.