Grayson is an experienced litigator. His practice focuses on complex issues related to personal injury, construction disputes, white collar crime, and insurance coverage. He has tried to conclusion a variety of cases over the past 10 years. In fact, he was recently recognized by Benchmark Litigation as one of America’s leading litigation attorneys under the age of 40.
Grayson’s diverse law practice begins with complex personal injury defense. He regularly represents insurers, self-insured corporations, and third-party risk managers in complex litigation involving tort liability, risk management issues, and complex multi-party cases.
His practice also centers on large-scale construction disputes. Past construction clients include developers and property management companies. Grayson has also represented subcontractors involved in the following areas of the construction industry:
- Civil Site Work
- Athletic Field Construction & Maintenance
- Lawn and Landscape Construction & Maintenance
- Pre-Fabricated Steel
- Slab-On-Grade and Post-Tension Cable System Concrete
Additionally, Grayson focuses on representing major commercial transportation companies in South Carolina. He advises clients in all phases of accident investigations from risk management and preparation to the initial scene response and post-accident litigation. Grayson also handles commercial transportation issues including contract disputes, cargo claims and regulatory issues.
Grayson is proud to be a former public defender in South Carolina’s 12th Judicial Circuit. During his time as a public defender, he was able to sharpen his trial abilities and polish his investigative skills. This invaluable exposure and experience is crucial to his white collar crime practice and his insurance coverage practice. His insurance coverage practice often involves the investigation of suspicious insurance claims, and the skills that he honed as a public defender have proven valuable to his clients when investigating suspicious claims and potential insurance fraud.
Grayson recognizes that client satisfaction is directly related to the responsiveness and personality of the attorney. He makes responding to client inquiries in a timely fashion an essential part of his law practice. Additionally, Grayson is sensitive to the needs of his clients and works tirelessly to ensure that his clients are educated, informed and satisfied.
Associations & Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Former Richland County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Former South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Honors and Awards
- Legal Elite of the Low Country – Insurance Law, Charleston Business Magazine, 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017
- Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hotlist, 2016
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016
- Legal Elite – Insurance, Columbia Business Monthly, 2013
- Leadership Charleston – Class of 2019
- The Charleston Forum Steering Committee
- Former Slow Food Columbia, Board of Directors
- South Carolina Bar, Protecting Our Youth Through Legal Education Committee, Guest Lecturer
- South Carolina Bar, iCivics Committee, Guest Lecturer
- South Carolina, 2006
- United State District Court, 2014
- J.D., University of South Carolina School Of Law, 2006
- B.A., Clemson University, 2002
Testimonial - Person
Henry David Thoreau
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.