Grayson is the Partner-In-Charge of the firm’s Charleston office. His practice involves complex litigation related to personal injury, wrongful death, retail and hospitality, commercial transportation, construction, and insurance coverage/bad faith. He has tried to conclusion a variety of cases over the past 12+ years.
Grayson’s diverse law practice begins with complex personal injury and wrongful death defense. He is regularly retained by insurers, self-insured companies, risk management entities, and individuals in complex litigation involving tort liability and risk management issues.
Grayson also represents national and regional leaders in the retail, hospitality, and entertainment industries in claims involving premises liability, loss prevention, food adulteration, third-party torts, negligent security and alcohol liability.
Additionally, Grayson represents major commercial transportation companies in South Carolina. He advises clients in all phases of accident investigations from risk management and preparation to initial scene response and post-accident litigation. Grayson and his team are available 24/7 to respond to catastrophic losses and handle accident investigations. Grayson also handles commercial transportation issues including contract disputes, cargo claims and regulatory issues.
Grayson handles large-scale construction disputes, as well. Past construction clients include developers and property management companies. Grayson also represents various contractors and subcontractors involved in construction defect litigation.
Grayson is proud to be a former public defender in South Carolina’s 12th Judicial Circuit. During his time as a public defender, he was able to sharpen his trial abilities and polish his investigative skills. This invaluable exposure and experience is integral to his insurance coverage/bad faith practice. The skills that he honed as a public defender have proven valuable to his clients when investigating suspicious claims and potential insurance fraud.
Grayson recognizes that client satisfaction is directly related to the responsiveness and personality of the attorney. He makes responding to client inquiries in a timely fashion an essential part of his law practice. Grayson is sensitive to the needs of his clients and works tirelessly to ensure that his clients are educated and informed.
Associations & Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
- Legal Elite of the Low Country – Insurance Law, Charleston Business Magazine, 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017
- Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hotlist, 2018
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016
- Legal Elite – Insurance, Columbia Business Monthly, 2013
- Leadership Charleston – Class of 2019
- Charleston County Bar, Executive Committee
- The Charleston Forum, Treasurer
- Richland County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Co-chair (former)
- Slow Food Columbia, Board of Directors (former)
- South Carolina association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors (former)
- South Carolina Bar, Protecting Our Youth Through Legal Education Committee, Guest Lecturer
- South Carolina Bar, iCivics Committee, Guest Lecturer
- South Carolina, 2006
- United State District Court, 2014
- J.D., University of South Carolina School Of Law, 2006
- B.A., Clemson University, 2002
Testimonial - Person
Henry David Thoreau
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.