Ellen Goodwin is located in GWB’s Greenville, South Carolina, office. She is a member of the Workplace Practices Group centering her practice on the defense of employers, insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, and third party administrators in employment and workers’ compensation matters. Ellen’s workers’ compensation defense experience is well document having served as General Counsel for the South Carolina Second Injury Fund and through the handling of numerous workers’ compensation claims for the State Accident Fund and the Uninsured Employers Fund before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and appellate courts. Ellen has defended clients from numerous industries including:
- Staffing and Employment Agencies
Additionally, she handles workers’ compensation matters related to orthopaedic injuries, occupational diseases, brain injuries, and death claims.
Ellen is a dedicated attorney who strives to provide the highest level of client service. She accomplishes this level of service through consistent and constant communication as well as diligent legal management of matters.
- - Paralegal
Certifications / Specialities
- Certified Mediator, South Carolina Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification, 2007
Associations & Memberships
- SC Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina, 1990
- National Judicial College, Handling Capital Cases, 1997
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1990
- B.A., University of South Carolina Honors College, 1986