Elizabeth Howe Pratt is a litigation and administrative law attorney practicing out of the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office. Elizabeth is a graduate of Appalachian State University and the Charleston School of Law where she was Senior Articles Editor for the Law Review and on the Honor Council.
Elizabeth has a diverse and complex legal practice which encompasses the defense of clients in the areas of ERISA, Insurance Coverage, including opinions, disputes and bad faith claims, Employment Litigation, Commercial and Business Litigation, and Personal Injury and Property Damage claims. Elizabeth also has a history and experience working in Workers’ Compensation Defense as well.
Prior to joining GWB, Elizabeth was a business risk consultant and she incorporates her past role advising clients in the banking and securities industries on issues regarding governance, regulatory matters and risk strategies to the legal matters that she handles for GWB and its clients.
Elizabeth works diligently to establish strong relationships with her clients by being approachable and attentive to the needs of her clients. She understands that effective and timely communication with her clients is directly related to building strong relationships. Elizabeth provides counsel and advice which benefits clients in the boardroom and in the court room.
Articles, Presentations & Publications
Associations & Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award – Legal Research and Writing
- Charleston Law Review – Senior Articles Editor
- Ronald McDonald House
- North Carolina, 2013
- Eastern District of North Carolina, 2016
- Western District of North Carolina, 2016
- Middle District of North Carolina, 2016
- J.D., cum laude, Charleston School of Law, 2013
- B.S., magna cum laude, Appalachian State University, 2010
Testimonial - Person
Whatever you are, be a good one.