Christopher Hawkins is an associate in GWB’s Columbia, South Carolina, office. His practice includes all aspects of civil litigation at both the state and federal level.
Chris is May 2018 graduate of The University of South Carolina School of Law. While attending law school, Chris gained legal experience through clerk and internships where he assisted in drafting Answers to Discovery, Demand Letters, and summons and Complaints. He prepared legal memoranda pertaining to Rules of Evidence, HIPPA violations, Discovery violations and sanctions. He served the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control by providing research related to both the health and environmental branches, prepared memoranda for pending probate issues, and contributed to a field guide for DHEC employees.
Chris also gained experience as a student attorney where he partnered with Palmetto Health to aid clients with SSI, Medicaid, and housing issues.
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2018
- B.A., Cum Laude, University of South Carolina, 2011
- Carolina Health Advocacy Medicolegal Partnerships (CHAMPS) Clinic
Honors and Awards
- Student Works Editor, South Carolina Journal of International Business and law – Vol. 14
- 3L Representative – SC Bar – Law Student Affiliates Division
Associations & Memberships
Treasurer, Phi Alpha Delta
- South Carolina- November, 2018