Casey Gonyea is a workers’ compensation defense attorney in the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina office. She defends employers, insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, third party administrators, and claims servicing agencies in workers’ compensation matters. She handles all stages of job-related injury claims including:
- Initial investigations
- Advice regarding compensability
- Risk/benefit analysis
- Cost assessment and containment
- Medical provider management
Prior to joining the firm, Casey worked as an associate at a regional, mid-sized firm where she specialized in workers’ compensation defense and handled various types of claims before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. Through that experience, she learned the importance of effective, dedicated representation and garnered a passion for aiding clients in all aspects of the litigation process.
Casey earned her bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from Florida State University and her law degree, cum laude, from Michigan State University College of Law. She also received an LL.M in Taxation from UCLA School of Law. While in law school, Casey served as a board member of the Women’s Law Caucus and was the recipient of the jurisprudence award in Advanced Legal Research and Writing, IRS Practice and Procedure, and Tax Clinic.
- B.S., Political Science, magna cum laude, Florida State University, May 2011
- Minor, Modern Language – Spanish
- J.D., cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law, May 2014
- LL.M Taxation (focus in Corporate Taxation), University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, May 2015
- South Carolina