Carter’s practice primarily revolves around guiding clients through complex business and commercial litigation matters. He has represented clients in all stages of the federal and state litigation process including pre-suit investigations, pretrial negotiations, mediation, trial, and appeals.
As a member of the business and commercial litigation team, Carter regularly represents large corporations, business owners, and individuals in commercial disputes related to business torts, breach of contract claims, employment matters, corporate finance, government, trade secret violations, shareholder disputes, intellectual property infringement claims, and other issues arising out of business transactions. Carter has handled cases involving the following industries:
- Real Estate
Carter is also an experienced design and construction litigation attorney who has represented a number of clients in matters involving contract claims and claims of alleged construction defects. He has represented clients involved in all phases of the construction process including:
- Commercial and Residential Developers
- Owners of Commercial and Residential Properties
- Design Professionals
- Material Suppliers
- Commercial and Residential Investors
Prior to joining the firm, Carter served as clerk to the Honorable Edward W. Miller of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of South Carolina and practiced with a well-respected boutique litigation firm located here in the Upstate.
Carter understands that client satisfaction is a key component to a successful legal practice. He communicates and responds to inquiries from clients in a timely manner as well as provides regular status updates on the matter at hand.
Associations & Memberships
- Greenville County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
Honors and Awards
- SCDTAA Trial Academy, 2016
- South Carolina, 2014
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2014
- Yale Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics, 2013
- B.A., University of South Carolina, cum laude, 2011