Batten Farrar is an associate who practices law from the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina, office. His practice places an emphasis on design and construction, creditors’ rights, and complex business and commercial litigation matters.
Batten’s experience in the design and construction practice area is wide ranging. He has represented general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in all manner of construction related disputes throughout South Carolina. These matters frequently included the following structures:
- Commercial Buildings
- Personal Residences
Batten also represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers through every stage of the construction collections process. This representation includes residential and commercial as well as public and private contracts such as:
- General Collections
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Governmental Bonds
- Military Projects
Batten also practices in business and commercial litigation. He is frequently involved in complex commercial litigation matters. For example, Batten successfully resolved a non-competition dispute involving a temporary restraining order and worked for a Fortune 500 company in settling a breach of contract and antitrust matter.
As Batten continues to sharpen his legal skills, he diligently works to provide exemplary client service. Batten has built strong relationships with clients in the Greenville and South Carolina business communities. He has established these strong bonds by being approachable and attentive to the needs of his clients.
- Crystal Schroeder – Secretary
Associations & Memberships
- Claims and Litigation Management, Construction Defect Subcommittee
- Greenville County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Greenville PULSE
Honors and Awards
- Real Property, Estate, and Trust Law Journal
- ABA Tax Competition
- Recipient of Cali Award: Wills Trusts and Estates, Business Associations, Income Tax, and Payment Systems
- ABA Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal’s Student Note Award
- United Way, Young Philanthropists, YP20
- Meals on Wheels
- South Carolina, 2011
- District of South Carolina Federal Court, 2012
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2011
- B.S., University of Georgia, 2007
Testimonial - Person
Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.