Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Art Howson practices real estate, business and commercial law with GWB. He is involved in the Greenville community in many ways. Howson is Chairman of the Board of Directors of BankGreenville and is very active at Westminster Presbyterian Church, where he has served several terms on the Session and sung in the Sanctuary Choir for 27 years.
Recently, he represented the Church in its successful zoning application to build an environmentally sensitive "green" parking lot for its use, one of the first of its kind in the Greenville area. Howson is past president of Greenville Friends of the Zoo, Greenville Chorale, and Senior Action, Inc., and is involved with the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Greenville and Advantage Greenville programs.
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1976 (Order of Wig and Robe)
- A. B., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1973
Publications & Presentations
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Leadership Greenville, Class XIII
- Past President, Senior Action, Inc.
- Past President, Greenville Chorale
- Past President, Greenville Friends of the Zoo
- Member, Advantage Greenville, Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce
Honors and Awards
- 2012 Tommy Thomason Award Recipient, Greenville Bar Association
- 2012 Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, Banking and Finance Law
- 2011 Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business: 2009, 2010
- American Jurisprudence Award, Conflicts of Law